Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Do you have an AC voltmeter (2 wire contact type) to take a voltage measurement?
2) The dishwasher is cord & plug connected to a wall receptacle, is that correct?
3) Is the wall receptacle protected by a GFCI? Any tripped GFCI's in the kitchen area?
Sure, that is not a problem. Just reply back to me when you can.
1) So you are saying that the DW Is hard-wired and does not contain a 3 prong cord, correct?
2) Have you tested all of the GFCI's and reset all of them? All working?
1) I need confirmation if the DW is hard-wired (spliced) directly to the house wires via a junction box or if it is plugged into a 3 slot grounded wall receptacle?
2) A box receptacle and a wall receptacle mean the same thing to me. Sounds like your DW is hard-wired and does not contain a 3 prong plug on the end?