Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

We just installed a new water pump at a mobile home. when we

Customer Question

we just installed a new water pump at a mobile home. when we turn the water outside it comes on right away and good water pressure. But when turn the water inside the pressure is very very low almost no water. Then we go outside turn the water faucet outside-the pump comes on and we have more pressure inside the house but it does not last very long. What could be causing this problem, what can we do to fix it? The points have been adjusted at the pump to have it come on sooner but still we have the same above listed issues. thanks
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rico Soma replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What are the cut in and cut out settings on your pressure switch? does the pump come back on quickly then shut off then back on again (short cycle)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am so sorry but I am not sure about the cut in/out settings - but I will find and that information to you if that is ok. Yes it comes on quickly when we turn the water at outside faucets

Sounds like you may have a bad holding tank if it's a diaphragm type (painted) tank or a water logged tank if it's an old galvanized (silver) tank. They switch may not be an issue at all.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry we don't know the cut in n out settings. We got a local plumber to help us thank you

You're welcome. What was the end result? Was my answer helpful?