Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have an and Roth remote fan and light that no longer

Customer Question

Hello, I have an Allen and Roth remote fan and light that no longer responds to the remote. Both the light and the fan have been on for at least a week while I was away. Turning off the breaker obviously shuts it down but also other items on the circuit. Turning the breaker back on, we have the same problem. A new battery was installed after this problem but it did not help. Nothing else was tried.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Whither the fan/light operating I suggest changing the battery to see if that is the reason for lack ofcontrol. With a battery change and no results, the issue is a failed receiver in the fan. The only thing to do is replace it. It isn't serviceable.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In my initial email I already stated the battery was changed out for a new one after this incident occurred with no results. At this point, I assume I'm out of luck ?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Check that the battery is installed correctly and then check the dip switches to verify they match the ones on the or in the fan. You'll need to access the receiver to check switch settings and or replacement.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Battery is good. Dip switches match.It appears the receiver has gone kaput !
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

If it is a universal, any home center will have replacements for around $20.00. If the receiver using the fan body the link will be thebest source.

http://WWW.eceilingfans.com