Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I have no current out of the wall from my black wire. 't

Customer Question

I have no current out of the wall from my black wire. Don't have voltage meter. Just touched it. Installing ceiling fan. No current from black wire in ceiling either.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi,I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. It's not a good idea to use your finger as a voltage tester. 2 wire voltage testers are not that expensive and available at any home center. Pick one up and we can continue. You need to test, not guess when troubleshooting