Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) How many wires and what are the wire colors that were terminated to the original switches?
2) Have you de-installed the original switches or are they still wired? If still wired, can you back the switches out from the wall box but do not disconnect any wires and send me a picture so I can review what you have in place?
3) Can you provide me with the dimmer switch manufacturer name and model numbers?
4) If needed, do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or an AC voltmeter available?
5) Inside the switch box, are all of the white neutral wires spliced together and capped off with a wire nut?
I have not heard back from you, so I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open question list.
what I am taking you through is some easy steps first and then I guess we will get more creative............I would like for you to run the wall remote bypass next..........find on the opener where these two wires connect (don't get them confused with the safety sensor wires) and remove them.......then with touch the contacts with a single jumper wire ........if it opens then there is a short somewhere from opener to wall remote if not then it is the logic board
sorry ...................this last was sent in error