Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I'm installing a new range hood. The flat grey wire coming

Customer Question

I'm installing a new range hood. The flat grey wire coming from the ceiling has a two copper wires and one green wire. I attached the white and black wires in the range hood to one copper wire each and grounded the green wire. No go. I checked the breaker box and all seems to be ok. My only thought is that I have a bad breaker. How can I determine if a breaker is bad?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rico Soma replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter? Or a wiggy ( a simple voltage tester that lights up when voltage is present)?

If you don't have either then you could wire your leads out of the wall to an old lamp. If the lamp doesn't work and the breaker is on then the breaker is bad.

I see you posted another question expressing dissatisfaction with my answer. I'm sorry but the only way you can know if you have a bad breaker is to test for it. Contact customer service if you want a refund