Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Replacing an electrical outlet and there are 3, 3 black and

Customer Question

Replacing an electrical outlet and there are 3 white, 3 black and a red wire
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Looks to be connected to a switch perhaps
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was...until now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do i test which ones are constantly hot?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I also have a floor outlet and are having the hardwood floors replaced. Would prefer to have the wire capped and the floors installed over, but i understand this might be illegal?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I'll send you the phone request directly.