Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 6 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have a ninja aire Napoli ceiling fan controlled with a

Customer Question

I have a ninja aire Napoli ceiling fan controlled with a ninja aire wall mounted remote. The remote is the wc211 model without a reverse button. There is not a reverse switch on the ceiling fan, or least not that I can locate. How do I reverse my fan direction?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Sorry minkaaire not ninja
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: For awhile. I had found something online once a couple of years ago and was able to reverse directions. Do not remember how I did it and have not found anything online to help.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Had a fan like that o a service call. The top cover of the motor lifts and the switch for direction was under the cover. Let me know if your fan is the same.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not think the top of motor cover lifts on my fan. It is a minkaaire Napoli purchased in 2008 if that helps. I have changed direction on fan one time before with help from information received online. I did something with the wall mounted control. The control is also minkaaire wc211.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

I checked on the wall controller and see that the direction function is on the bottom of the large button. Push it there and with every push it will change directions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The controller I have does not have the reverse direction on the bottom of controller.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

The disk with the speed selections shows as having the direction function at the 6 o'clock.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That may be the minkaaire wc212 model. Mine is the one without the reverse direction option.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

I'm at a loss, so let me opt out and allow another expert who may have the solution take over. Good luck.

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

I spoke to Ben (tech support) at Minka Aire this morning. He confirmed the Napoli fan model does NOT contain an external reverse/forward switch. He also mentioned that the controller model "WC210" is required to work with the Napoli model in order to provide reverse functionality. See link shown below:

http://www.minkagroup.net/minka-aire/fan-controls

Minka Aire can be contacted at the link shown below:

http://www.minkagroup.net/contact

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)