Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

Open neutral wires? i was made aware of it today? yes pearl,

Customer Question

open neutral wires?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: i was made aware of it today?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes pearl
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when the light switch to porch light is tripped it shows hot/ground reversed on these outlets
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanking you pearl
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. An open neutral on a circuit is either in the first read outlet or the live one ahead of it. I suggest plugging a lamp in the deaf outlet, make sure it is in the on position. Now go around and with your tester wiggle outlets in the area. In most cases it will make a connection and all you'll need do is correct the connection. This way will make it unnecessary to open all the outlets. Let me know how you do.