Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

What is the required conduit 200amp 3 phase 240 volt

Customer Question

What is the required conduit for a 200amp 3 phase 240 volt service. Is 3 inch sufficient in PVC or is galvanized rigid conduit required for the service to meter.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) How many service conductors inside the conduit? 3 or 4 conductors?

2) What are the conductor sizes in AWG?

3) Are the conductors copper or aluminum? What is the conductor insulation rating?

4) Is this for a riser mast application or a back-to-back application from an underground meter socket directly to the panel?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The previous expert asked for information on the number and sizes of the conductors you are installing. If you give us that info we can answer your question.