Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

On my light switch I have two gold screws and two black

Customer Question

On my light switch I have two gold screws and two black screws.I'm trying to connect a two outlet outlet pole has four gold do I connect both of these together
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Just so I understand, you are trying to wire a receptacle by connecting it to a light switch?

Is the receptacle going to be in the same outlet box as the switch?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Ok. How many wires are in your switch box? You should have two wires connected to the switch. Do you also have a neutral in there?