ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I went through all outlets wire together on that circuit and

Customer Question

I went through all outlets wire together on that circuit and switch their wires from the "plugged into the back" of outlet to the screws. AC window unit is still doing the same thing.: Lights on control panel come on for aprox. 3-4 seconds and go blank. If you cannot help me, do you know of a website I might consult to troubleshoot AC unit?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
That was a part of my first statement "if the unit does not have other problems"...I will throw it back to the AC Group, good luck, thank you
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a problem with the control unit though, the electronics in it are not repairable.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
With the connections under the screw terminals, that circuit in much better shape than it was.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I suggest using an extension cord to another outlet on a different circuit to determine if the circuit or the A/C is the problem. If the circuit we can continue. If not I'll send you a HVAC expert.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just came back to PC after waiting two hours yesterday. It didn't seem like the message sent. Anyway after two hours I gave up on it/the web site. Bought another unit.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
New unit, good choice. Never use an extension cord on this type of load