mrromex
mrromex, Electrical Technician
Experience:  over 40 years of all phases related to residential wiring and remodeling
64430540

I asked a question a while back about getting a replacement

Customer Question

Kevin
I asked a question a while back about getting a replacement for an Emerson SW109 switch. I've determined my 109 has a two wire connection. What switch can I buy to replace the 109?
Thanks
Category: Electrical
Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

hi this is John and will be glad to help you........since they don't make the 109 model, I will need to know if this switch is being used for a ceiling fan alone or for dual use ceiling fan with a light kit. They make several models.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ceiling and fan
Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

one minute and I will get you the info

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

there is an emerson model sw 102 which controls both a light and fan however I noticed in your post that there are two wires to the current switch for this fan?

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

I am asking because there would have to be a wire for the light kit and a wire for the fan as well as a "feed" for the switch

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Right now there are two wires coming into the wall control unit. It has a switch on its side that you adjust to a frequency that matches the frequency in the fan
It looks like it's hard to find the original unit
Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

it sounds like the fan is set up with a built in remote unit.......give me a minute

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

file:///C:/Users/jcath/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/DPYCU0AF/banff.pdf........ click on this link and go to page 12 and see if this is the control you are talking about

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I was unable to open the link
Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

let me try again

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

sorry let me try something else

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

I can't find a match to that particular switch and am having problems copy and pasting but I do know that if you replace that switch you may have to replace the remote unit in the fan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will this work with my receiver?
Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

that's what I was saying earlier......I think you would have to change the receiver in the canopy of the fan to accept the new control.......

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

This control was not being offered as a replacement for the one you currently have but I think it is an alternative along with a new comparable receiver. There is nothing on the internet with your model number so it must be a pretty old ceiling fan.

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with or did I answer your concerns?

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

just checking in with your ceiling fan switching situation.......please feel free to rate your experience with this site and also please accept my answers.........thanks again......John

Expert:  mrromex replied 5 months ago.

going thru my outstanding questions I noticed that you haven't had the opportunity to rate and accept my answers . I would appreciate when you have time to please consider.......thanks John