Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a dusk to dawn security light and it was out when I

Customer Question

I have a dusk to dawn security light and it was out when I came home so went and bought a new bulb and still not working
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ty
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes and I'm a female
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Unfortunately you may have a failed photocell. To verify that, open the fixture and remove the wire connected to the red lead andconnect to the black lead. That takes the photocell out and if the light comes on you verified the failure.