Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan model 11288. It is

Customer Question

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan model 11288. It is circulating in a clockwise manner, and I'm not feeling any down flow of air. I don't see any adiustment switch to reverse it either.
How do I get it to turn the other way?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the fan controlled by a remote control or by pull-chains or a wall controller switch?

2) Have you looked at the top of the fan motor housing near the ceiling to see if there is a reverse switch?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A remote controls it, but there is no reverse on the remote. There is no reverse switch on the top of the fan either.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

I'm am sorry, but I am unable to locate the model number that you provided. I even checked the Home Depot website.

Do you no longer have the instruction manual available? If the remote does not have a reverse feature, there must be a reverse switch located somewhere at the fan motor housing area. At least all of the hundreds of ceiling fans that I've installed over the years always had the reverse switch located directly on top of the motor housing area.

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

See picture shown below:

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks..................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)