Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I am connecting a 3-Prong Dryer Replacement Cord to a

Customer Question

I am connecting a 3-Prong Dryer Replacement Cord to a Leviton 30A Surface Mount Power Outlet.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I need to know which wires got to which points in the Surface Mount Power Outlet.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, it looks easy. 3 skrews.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can text pictures if that would be helpful.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) The 2 hot wires from the circuit will land on the respective brass screws at the receptacle. The 1 white neutral wire will land on the receptacle silver screw.

2) Since the circuit does not contain an equipment grounding conductor, the middle neutral terminal on the rear of the dryer needs to be bonded together with the green frame ground screw located on the dryer using either a supplied jumper strap or a small piece of 10 AWG copper insulated green ground wire.

3) Refer to the diagram shown below:

Reply back and let me know how you make out and if everything is working correctly............Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks..................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)