Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I have a 458 series inverter/charger that has worked well,

Customer Question

I have a 458 series inverter/charger that has worked well, but when trying to use the inverter all the lights panel lites flash fast, from battery status, inverter, charge, load share? consequently I have no 115 volt power from inverter, but have shoreline when hooked to it and generator when running H E L P
Daryl *********************
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Are the batteries charged to at least 12VDC?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All batteries(4) are new and fully charged, it seems to be an electrical problem when asking to invert 12 volt to 115v a/c the xantrex panel status lite will start flashing fast and alternate between load sharing, batteries charge state, invert and charge????
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
13.5 volts
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the replies.

1) Do the panel LED's only start to flash when there is a connected load to the inverter?

2) What if no connected load, can you still measure 120 VAC on the output and do the LED's still flash?

3) Did this problem start when the batteries were replaced? Are all batteries of the same manufacturer, same model number and the same amp hour ratings?