Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Siemans outdoor load center

Customer Question

Siemans outdoor load center
Category: Electrical
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** , welcome to Just Answer ! I will try to answer your question today .

I assume this is an outdoor breaker panel, and the ground wire you are referring to is bare copper or green insulated. there should be a grounding bar designated with green screw or screws mounted directly to the steel enclosure, this is where the grounding conductor is terminated. If I am wrong in my assumption or if there is not a grounding bar installed please give me the model number of the panel you are wiring and we'll take it from there.

By the way If you are talking about the circuit grounded conductor which should be insulated with a white covering this should be mounted to the panel with a plastic or fiberglass isolator and it's bar should not touch the steel of the panel, unless this is a main service then the neutral bar (white grounded conductor or bare service entrance conductor usually aluminum) will be mechanically bonded to the grounding safety wire previously mentioned, but THIS IS ONLY AT THE MAIN SERVICE of a home or building.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

This would be my first premium call, I believe you have to agree to the additional cost before the call can start.

I believe you do not have to accept the additional cost, but the offer will remain on the table for as long as this thread is open.