Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I am dog sitting family and the pendant light in the kitchen

Customer Question

i am dog sitting for a family and the pendant light in the kitchen just started hunming really loud then i heard a zap and smoke started pouring out of the fixture. i shut the lights ofc at the switch on the wall but it smells like burnt wires. what do i need to do to keep it from starting a fire? If i had not been standing right there im pretty sure a fire would have started. its on a track system hanging about 5 ft from the ceiling.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

do you know what breaker it is on?..........are you handy?...........would you be able to remove the light ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i shut the breaker off for the kitchen lights so i think im ok now.
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

do you think it was the bulb or behind it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was behind it, im pretty sure cause the bulb is intact and the smoke pouring out would have become flames
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

you did great ............I'm sure you informed the owner because it has to be removed by a professional ..............if you need me again I will be here for you

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie