Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I am replacing an A.O. Centurion 1 hp pool pump motor with a

Customer Question

I am replacing an A.O. Smith Centurion 1 hp pool pump motor with a Century 1 hp motor. The old motor a black wire connected to an L1 terminal, a black wire connected to an L2 terminal, a green wire connected to an "A" terminal, a white wire connected to a "B" terminal and another green wire connected to a perhaps a ground terminal. The new motor has L1, L2, A and a apparently a ground terminal. There is no "B" terminal.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can tell you. Both motors are rated 115/230, 60 hz, sf 1.25, phase 1, 3450 rpm. The old motor is 7.1/14.2 amps and the new one 6.6/13.2 amps.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) The pump motor is dual rated for either 120 or 240 volts. If you are connecting to a 240 volt source, only the 2 hots and 1 equipment ground are required and the neutral is not needed. Cap off the white neutral wire with a plastic wire nut as it is not required.

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks....................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Thanks....................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)