Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Aluminum wiring, put in a new 15 amp recept,CO/Alr, curcit

Customer Question

aluminum wiring, put in a new 15 amp recept,CO/Alr, curcit blows
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the receptacle is in the kitchen, when it went out everuthing in the kitchen went out,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer , my name is*****'ll try to answer your question today.

With the power still off I'd remove the receptacle from the wall and see if you can tell where the hot wire shorted out in the box. Manny times a wire was pinched or shorted out against a grounded part of the wall box , we have to find where the short is then use a multi meter/ ohm meter to measure resistance between the hot and the grounding conductor to see if the fault is cleared.

It occurs to me , you said the circuit blows, is this an instant trip when you turn it on or is it an overload on the breaker where it's turned on but the breaker trips after about a minute or so ?