Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I am wiring a hayward pool pump, have it wired up correctly

Customer Question

I am wiring a hayward pool pump, have it wired up correctly (I believe), however my problem arises after turning on the power supply... The pump makes a noise like the electric motor is trying to start up, then after approx. 10 seconds there is an audible "click" and it shuts off before making another click (possibly resetting)
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: It is wired for 115volts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. It sounds like the pump is not wired correctly. Check the wiring diagram to confirm you made the right connections.