Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 6 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have flickering lights under cabinets. the wire from them

Customer Question

i have flickering lights under cabinets. the wire from them is connected to the top of the switch in the receptacle box. Can i just tighten that screw that holds the wire with out turning off the power to that receptacle box?
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: is this going to cost me money
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) For safety reasons, you need to locate the branch circuit breaker and turn it to the OFF position prior to checking any loose wire terminations. Tighten the wires and check the splices, then restore power and test.

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks....................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)