Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My two bedrooms and one power outlet are not having power. I

Customer Question

My two bedrooms and one power outlet are not having power. I checked my circuit box and everything is in the ON position. I have an "arch fault" one that is sitting in the middle and not switched to one side or the other (nor will it stay there)
What am I missing here?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Are you saying that you have an Arc Fault (AFCI) wall receptacle located in the middle of the run on the circuit or the breaker is an AFCI type? Please confirm.

2) If an AFCI receptacle, does it have 2 wires terminated to the LOAD side?

3) Did you reset the breaker by turning it OFF and then back to the ON position?

4) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or an AC voltmeter available to confirm voltages?