Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have two motion lights controlled by one wall switch. When

Customer Question

I have two motion lights controlled by one wall switch. When I turn switch off and turn quickly on both lights go off like they should but in about four seconds one comes back on stays on. What should I do.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Hi,I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Motion lights are intended to turn on and stay on when the switch is turned on, off and back on quickly. The one that doesn't do that is defective.