ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.

I have a large property that I want to divide. The

Customer Question

I have a large property that I want to divide. The electrical pole for the barn is located across the dividing line. There is another pole near the barn. Can I just disconnect the current line , run a new line from the barn to the closer pole and add another meter socket?
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: Located in Lubbock Tx.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to

Generally, yes, you can do just what you propose. If you will check with your utility company, they can give you a better idea of what they require and whether an electrical permit and inspection will come in to play