Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I have two Hampton Bay Windward III 54" ceiling fans. One

Customer Question

I have two Hampton Bay Windward III 54" ceiling fans. One works as advertised.The second fan operation is now limited to both lights on and fan at medium speed and warm weather (forward) direction (clockwise as viewed from beneath).I assume this was the operation when I changed remote batteries as indicated necessary by the battery indicator on the transmitter remote.The remote now has no effect on this fan operation. I have tried all (16) possible on-off dip switch settings and fresh batteries. This remote, with working fans dip switch settings, works correctly.Power to non-working fan is controlled by hardwired wall switch which permits off and above operation.I have not taken fan apart to access dip switch settings on top of fan motor assembly.My phone is********** if you can use that form of communication.Thank you. Ed
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 4 months ago.

Hi Ed, welcome to

Can the remote from the working fan be configured to try to operate the non-working fan. If so and you try this without success, the non-working fan has a defective receiver. It sounds like other issues as well since the fan will not change direction with the manual switch. Realistically, I believe your best option is to replace the defective fan with a new one. You do not mention if these are in the same room, if so, hopefully the manufacturer has not changed the model and you can find an identical replacement.