Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I have been trying to install my new hunter living room fan,

Customer Question

I have been trying to install my new hunter living room fan, but can only get the fan to work. It is hooked up to a dual switch, and only the fan works. I have followed the directions as to the wiring, but no luck.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: No, just fustraed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi,I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Tell me the count and colors of the wires from the fan. Did you strip the leads longer to allow them to lead the solid wires into the wirenuts?