Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I'm working in a old home , I wanted to put in a new

Customer Question

I'm working in a old home , I wanted to put in a new junction box , they had 3 wires coming in and 3 going out , i simply unconnected the wires and reconnected them into the new junction box , but everything comes on but the switch doesn't turn the lights on or off but it did before.
JA: After we'd chatted a lot online, and if you were coming to Detroit, and if you asked really nicely, and suggested some great restaurant, then I might consider it. Tell me about youself.
Customer: I was just asking about my electrical issue can you help me with that
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: The wires in the home are the cloth coated ones so it's hard to tell what color is which , I just test them to find the hot one
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm waiting to hear from the electrician just paid my money
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist with your electrical issues. When you disconnect the wiring and then re-connected it. Did you make the exact same connections again?