Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I've got a 220 dryer outlet that seems to be grounding

Customer Question

I've got a 220 dryer outlet that seems to be grounding through a 110 outlet in a different area of my house. Whenever the dryer is running it knocks out the satellite reception in the living room. The breakers for the two outlets are on the same side of the breaker box but I cannot seem to find and ground wires touching?
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: The dryer has been shorting apparently as we've went through two heat selectors and one heating element
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suspect that there is a bad connection ahead of both circuits. I suggest checking the main breaker terminations and the breakers buss connection. Signs of arcing or heat is what you'd look for.