Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

There are certain rooms in my home that won't power up when

Customer Question

There are certain rooms in my home that won't power up when I use my generator but they all work fine when using electric company but what's even more frustrating is that some items in these rooms work but others don't, I just changed one of the 100A main breakers because it was broken inside as well as cutting and stripping one of the wires because it was corroded and black, I don't know what else to look for but someone told me that if I have GFCI in one of the rooms where power is out then that may have something to do with it.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Tell me how you have the generator connected to the service.