Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a Dayton 11 pin timer I am trying to wire into a stop/start

Customer Question

I have a Dayton 11 pin timer I am trying to wire into a stop/start station. The purpose being when the stop button is pushed, after 30 seconds a 120v signaling alarm will activate. When the start button is pressed, the alarm will then stop. All power is 120v. I need some help figuring out which function I want and what pins to land what wires on.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: That's all I can think of for right now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** welcome to Just Answer.Your question can be a difficult one to answer because of the amount of variables involved in time delay relays, and limitations of other hardware you have i.e., to get your application to work as you like you may need specific start and stop switch configurations to get it to work ( most control switch manufactures have made their devices to be modular in design so you can add extra poles to the switch if you need to, and honestly that might be what you need to do.)The first question I have is the model number of Dayton relay you have, this is very important because there are many different models with different delay characteristics on the market, for example: off delay, on delay, on/off delay,repeat cycle, interval, and several others...so as much information about your relay and your control switches will help me design a circuit , or if not me some of the other experts that will help you in your endeavor :)