Rico Soma
Rico Soma, Electrical Technician
Experience:  Service Tech

I cannot get the motor to start I've pushed air actuator switch

Customer Question

I cannot get the motor to start I've pushed air actuator switch does not work
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Completely installed tub plugged it in motor is not coming on
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: There Is Power in socket
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rico Soma replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.If the outlet is live and this is a new tub then the tube that's connected to the air switch has either fallen off at the actuator button or is kinked. If this isn't a new tub then you could also have a bad switch.
I have been called away. If you have follow up questions I'll respond when I get back (likely about an hour).
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I checked the air hose, disconnected and reconnected. I feel suction in the pump when you push the actuator button down but it still isn't working.Please get back to me asap.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I understand that there is a reset button somewhere but I dont know where it is located as the tub is already set in. we will have to drill once we can locate the reset switch so if you have any suggestions we'd be very grateful. Is it up on top in a square box with 4 screws holding the lid, is it possibly under there?
The only rest button is typically on the end of the motor but if this has never run then it's highly unlikely that it trippped
Is this a new tub?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes, just installing it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The jets don't work at all.
It's possible you have a bad air switch if you have power to the outlet and the air actuator button moves air. Unplug the pump and connect the 2 motor leads that are wired to the air switch together then plug it back in. If the pump runs and you're sure the air button is moving air then you have a bad switch