Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

What size wire to run 450 feet from the meter to 1840 sq ft

Customer Question

what size wire to run 450 feet from the meter to 1840 sq ft house, under ground ? estimate a 250 to 300 watt draw.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: what do want to know?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: standard all electric house. Power box on road, house 300 ft off road. guesstamate 450 length from meter to breaker box
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. What size service? 200A, 400A. Your wattage notation is incorrect. It only equals a few lamps not a service.