Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I want to wire a sub panel to a detached garage. the main panel

Customer Question

I want to wire a sub panel to a detached garage. the main panel is in the home 150ft away I'm going to dig 18+ inches and install 2 1/2inch pvc conduit. what size feeder wires should I use to power 60 amp sub panel?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 6 months ago.
Good evening, my name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist your with your electrical questions. To be sure to keep a minimal volt drop out in the garage you can run #4 AWG feeders and a #6 ground. Install a 2 pole 60 amp breaker in your main panel. Be sure to remove the bonding screw between the neutral and ground bus in the sub panel if there is one. And you should be good to go.