Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I'm trying to wire a single switch to 4 recessed lights

Customer Question

hi. I'm trying to wire a single switch to 4 recessed lights and a dual fan/light switch to a ceiling fan in the same box with one power line in. for some reason the Fan side is affecting the recessed lights and I don't know why
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: The fan/light switch has red, yellow, black and ground
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 10 months ago.
Hello welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist you with your electrical questions. Is all this new wiring, or are you replacing something existing? What do you have for wiring inside your switch box and out to your lights?