Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have model 65044 110/220 v 17/8.5 a lathe it is now wired

Customer Question

I have model 65044 110/220 v 17/8.5 a lathe it is now wired for 220 need it set up for 110.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: That's what is needed
JA: Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: No it needs to run on 110
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lathe is a central machine model 65044 wired for 220 now needing it wired for 110.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Is there a wiring diagram on the motor? If not how many and what colors are the wires in the wiring compartment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a diagram on electrical plate on motor I wired it to match 110 lathe motor dose not fire up put it back to 220 motor fires. Wire colored g,w,b,
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
The colors given would be the feed wires. What did you do with the leads from the motor itself. They determine the required voltage for operation. The cord can be used, but the white wire needs to be connected the a hot not a neutral. Did you change that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There where coded diagram z to u on one post second post u1 to o2 then z1 to z2 would This be easier with pic of wire diagram if so I will send it in morning not at shop at this time.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
That would work. I'll be online then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will contact you ten Arizona time
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Very good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
165.jpg 150.jpg 20160423_134332.jpg
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
You need to link the pictures. I can't view them.