Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have a LG Variable Speed Drive (SV030iH-4U) that runs my

Customer Question

I have a LG Variable Speed Drive (SV030iH-4U) that runs my ALUP air compressor. I am looking for someone who can repair or replace the unit, it is giving me M/C Fault on the screen. The book tells me it could be a magnetic contactor or the CVT fuse. I am not sure which contactor they are talking about or how to replace it. Do you know of anyone that can help
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The book must have stated a contactor not a contractor. One is an electrical device and the other a service tech. I suggest getting an electrician to look and diagnosis the issue. If a contactor or a fuse, he should be able to correct it. If the VSD has failed you'll be directed to a local repair shop or you can go online to review shops for "LG variable speed drive repairs".
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been on line trying to find LG Tech to fix to problem. Can you get me the name and number of an LG tech
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.
As I suggested, call a local electrician first. If there is a contactor problem or a fuse replacement, he will be the one needed. If the VSD is bad, then a shop would be necessary. You'll probably have to ship it out for repairs. That's why I suggested a search online for one closer to you.