Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I took down my existing ceiling fan with light a couple of

Customer Question

I took down my existing ceiling fan with light a couple of years ago to clean and damaged the insulation between the actual globe (halogen) and the fixture itself. The light now does not work but the fan does. I suspect the uninsulated heat from halogen globe (100 watts) has damaged wires. Is this fixable or for safety should I have a new unit installed?
Regards *****(###) ###-####Brighton East Victoria Australia.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Check the light kit label and confirm if halogen bulbs are rated for this light fixture and what the maximum wattage rating is. 2) Have you checked the wires for burnt or melted insulation? Has any of the insulation been charred or burnt? 3) Have you checked the wiring connections/splices?