Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I changed the batteries on my Allen Roth remote fan control

Customer Question

I changed the batteries on my Allen Roth remote fan control and it does not control the light nor the fan with the wall switch on .
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Wall switch on. The control turns the fan on but does not turn the fan light off.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: Control changed after changing the battery on the remote.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Does your fan have pullchain switches on it? Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately there isn't much you can do without a tester. Need to test, not guess. You can get one at any home center. I suggest a Volt/Con type.