Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a Leviton 16400 controller. It turns on one set of lights

Customer Question

I have a Leviton 16400 controller. It turns on one set of lights on th driveway pillars. We have been using the top rocker switch for years and now it has broken. How can I program one of the three remaining rockers to do the job?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The controller addresses are set in sequence. Remove the face plate and you'll see 2 lines of LED's. The first is the house code alphabetical. The second is numeric. Your lights control has a code set with dials or a micro switch. If dials, it needs to be set to the numeric number for switch #2. If it is a micro switch, depressing the switch with a paper clip will make its LED flash. Now it will take the next signal given and stop flashing. You'll need to inspect both the controller and the receiving device.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have removed the controller and underneath on the transmitter are two dials. Left is black right is red. Left is set to straight up number 1 and right is set to one dot to the left of A which is straight up. Are these the ones I should adjust?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
It says the first switch is one, the next is #2 and so on. Go to the receiving switch or modual and set that device to #2 on its dials.