Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I have Honeywell Inverter generator HW2000i, the lights don't

Customer Question

I have Honeywell Inverter generator HW2000i, the lights don't come on and theirs no power to both AC/DC outlets. I replaced the A/C Breaker and still same problem, I did notice if I leave the A/C breaker on the overload light would come on for 2 seconds. Do I have to replace the DC breaker also to remedy the problem?
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Do you have a voltmeter available to measure the AC and DC generator voltage output? 2) Is this a newer generator that is still under warranty?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1) I do have a voltmeter to measure AC/DC output.
2) No warranty I bought the generator in 2009. None of the lights come on when I start the generator up.
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the replies. 1) Can you measure the AC and DC voltage outputs at the receptacles and at the DC plug-in connection and let me know the measurements?