BIMsparky, State Certified Journeyman Electrician
Experience:  I am a CA state certified, IBEW/NECA trained Journeyman Inside Wireman.

ST841366 Baldor Motor wiring

Customer Question

ST841366 Baldor Motor wiring
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Need to know the wiring of a No. S T841366 Spec. 35F223-506
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 months ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. That model number doesn't look right. Can you check it again for me please?ThanksSteve
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That is all the information I have which makes this all confusing
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 months ago.
Ok, can you show me the wiring itself? How many wires do you have?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Four wires labeled 1 through 4 all white.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 months ago.
Yes. I am not sure. I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in. Hold on.
Expert:  BIMsparky replied 5 months ago.
Hello, would you please tell me if the motor leads have number tags on them, such as T1, T8, etc? Also, how many wires ("leads") are in the motor wiring compartment?
Hello, you stated above that there are 4 leads, labeled 1-4. There is typically a wiring diagram on these motors, but if you don't see one, the best info I can give you is to connect as follows: (L1 and L2 are from your building power) Connect L1 to motor leads 1 and 3. Connect L2 to motor leads 2 and 4. Please let me know if this works and get back to me. Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have resolved the problem elsewhere, thanks for the inquiry on the subject at hand.