Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have a 48kw generator that will not transfer power. no transfer

Customer Question

i have a 48kw generator that will not transfer power. no transfer signal from generator. what might the cause?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) The problem can be caused by one or more of the following if the transfer switch is an Automatic Transfer Switch: A) Possible blown fuse in the transfer switch.B) Possible loose or broken control wire leadC) Possible faulty contactor or corroded or stuck contacts on the contactor. Possible corroded contactor coil or a dead spot on the coil.D) If the transfer switch is an automatic type and weekly exercises have not been performed, possible the contacts are stuck open or closed. 2) Due to safety and warranty reasons, I recommend to contact a factory certified Generac technician to troubleshoot and correct the problem. If the gen set and/or transfer switch are still under warranty, attempting to repair the gen set without a certified Generac service tech will void the warranty. If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks............Kevin:)