Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Have a question regarding a smoker that I just purchase.

Customer Question

Hello have a question regarding a smoker that I just purchase. I am installing this smoker in my work shop. The smoker requires 120/208 volts 27 amps, 60 hertz, phase 1. How do I explain to an electrician what I need
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) 1st off, your electrical service will be required to be a 3-phase 120/208 voltage system. If the installation is at a single family dwelling, a good chance that the home is only served by a 120/240 volt single phase service. Converting from a single phase to a 3-phase service can become very expensive due to the additional components (phase converter and possibly a buck/boost transformer) that are required. 2) In addition, an electrical sub-panel will need to be able to accommodate a 3-phase service. Proper sizing of the 3-phase branch circuit along with the conductor sizes is also a requirement. 3) If the smoker will be installed in a single family dwelling with a typical 120/240 single phase service, not worth converting over to 3-phase in my opinion due to the additional expenses:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks..............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks................Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks...................Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.