Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 6 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

Pearl, I'm Tricia. I purchased a home with a Hampton

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I'm Tricia. I purchased a home with a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan model #UC7078T. The problem that I am having is that the fan works really well but the lights will not come on. I changed the bulbs and still it won't work. I noticed on the remote when I press for the fan, it will light up (the red light on the remote) however, it will not light up when I press it for the light.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: No, I don't believe so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Does the fan also contain separate pull chains for the fan motor speeds and for the light kit? 2) Do you have an AC voltmeter to confirm the voltage output of the fan remote receiver? 3) Where is the fan receiver located at? Inside the ceiling canopy cover or inside the fan motor housing area?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1) No, the the ceiling fan works by a remote.
2). No, I do not.
3). I have no idea. I'm guessing that it is inside the fan motor housing.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the replies. 1) Since the fan model is a Hampton Bay, very possible that the remote receiver has become defective and may need to be replaced. Very common problem with HB fans. 2) You will need to locate where the receiver is at. Either under the ceiling canopy cover or inside the fan motor housing. 3) You will also require an AC voltmeter to troubleshoot and confirm if the receiver is cranking out the correct voltage level for the light.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks..............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks................Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks...................Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.