Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My deadbolt will not complete the turn of the key. It stops

Customer Question

My deadbolt will not complete the turn of the key. It stops and will not turn further. I cannot get into my garage to turn the lever on the back. This has happened before and after I turned the lever it was OK for a while. I have the breakers turned off on the garage door openers so need to get in through the man door to reset the breakers.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.
try to spray a little WD-40 in the keyhole ......let it sit for a few minutes........and then jiggle it tap it and hopefully it will work ..........it is about the only thing you can do right now other than destroy the lock by using a Sawzall and cutting off th ebolt or by drilling through the deadbolt...........because you limited your access...........is this door an interior or exterior?
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.
I was just thinking ........if you know if your garage door opener has a back-up battery you might be able to get in that way using the remote or key less entry.............also let me know as soon as you can about it being an interior door or not
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.
I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!Thankseddie