Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer:

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a lamp holder from a ceiling fan.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: took it off because chain stuck.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: E-27 Multi Lampholder +ZE-109MSwitch this is the switch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) I need more details as to the problem? Is the light kit pull chain stuck and not working? Did you purchase an exact replacement pull chain switch or a generic switch?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That is the link to the manufacturer, and that is the model at the bottom of the page
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The two black halves separated and there is a gold strap that I don't know where it goes to put the two halves together again.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The strap has 2 90 degree bends in it, so it looks like a chair with no back legs.
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I've never come across a ceiling fan lampholder/pull chain combo that came apart. Without me being there to physically view the parts, it will be very difficult to determine how it is put back together correctly. I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board. Perhaps another electrician here can assist you better. No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another electrician picks up the question. Thanks:)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The strap is the contact for the is a 2-bulb lamp holder. I put it back together. My question now is, what if I don't have the contacts on the right bulb, and instead need to reverse the strap. Does it just not work, or will something worse happen when I turn it on?