april pelletier
april pelletier, Electrician
Experience:  Service manager electrical contractor
94103041

My generator has a MainPwrOverL Shutdown displayed on the screen.

Customer Question

my generator has a MainPwrOverL Shutdown displayed on the screen. The manual says to press off to reset and contact dealer for service
Category: Electrical
Expert:  april pelletier replied 7 months ago.
Hello I will try and help you as best as I can.It sounds to me that you may of had an outage and your control board is telling you that. I would put the circuit breaker in the off position and turn the rocker switch to off also. (to reset it) Then I would put the circuit breaker back on and push the rocker into manual position. If your generator starts up flip it to automatic. Make sure it runs during its weekly test. Still contact an authorized dealer to perform service. You may be due for an oil change and air filter change. Let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with