Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Need help installing in wall light timer switch

Customer Question

need help installing in wall light timer switch
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I bought a Honeywell programmable wall switch and it has three wires - blue, black and white. The problem is that the previous light switch has three black wires and one copper ground wire. I don't know how to connect the programmable switch with those 3 black wires and the copper wire.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please call at(###) ###-####so I can turn off the power (and internet) and work through this with you over the phone.
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) So was the previous wall switch a 3-way switch that had 2 brass screws and 1 black screw? 2) How many locations could the lighting fixture be controlled from? 1, 2 or more wall switch locations? 3) Does the wall switch box contain a group of white neutral wires that are spliced together? 4) What is the model number of the Honeywell switch?